Yesterday Jones officially turned two weeks old. And those two weeks were the fastest two weeks I've ever experienced in my life! I know, I know, everyone always says that and while I was pregnant I did get tired of people telling me how fast the days go by, but now that I actually have a baby--that is an incredible understatement!
These two weeks have been wacky. A lot of getting used to things, like sleeping with a nightlight and occasionally with the hair dryer set to low, like learning how to prevent pee from spraying everywhere during a diaper change, like the seemingly unending amounts of laundry that come with such a tiny tiny tiny person. (How on earth?)
But since having had these two weeks to adjust and figure out his sleeping, feeding and pooping schedules, it occurred to me that sleeping in till 10:30 and lounging around makeupless in my pajamas probably shouldn't be my life for very much longer. Lots of people remain productive citizens after having babies--and I can too! Especially when there are so many half-finished projects lying around my house, interrupted by one cute baby:
Jessica's Postpartum Goals
1. Work on one of my many projects at least an hour every day. (wax paper chandelier, here I come!)
2. Watch a little less Netflix, read a lot more books (Bossypants for starters? Any other book suggestions would be greatly appreciated)
3. Ok, now here's one I might not be able to pull off... but blog every day. (if it's every other day I won't be mad though)
4. Take as many crappy cell phone pics of Jonah as I want, but at least take a few every day with the good camera. Also the video camera should come into play more often as well.
5. Get over my fear of packing a baby around all by myself. That fridge won't be full forever...
6. Figure out a way to go for walks (or something) without surrounding the baby with germy people or freezing air. (might be a tough one, suggestions welcome.)
And that's about it so far.
They always say you're far more likely to accomplish your goals of you write them down--so here's to hoping that works! And really, suggestions are always always welcome. I don't know what I'm doing over here, and since I'm just playing it by ear--you should fill it with lots of good ideas!
(ok, just one more picture)




No comments:
Post a Comment