So with all this down time, and since it's been a while since my last post, and because Kade might appreciate seeing some pictures, I decided to blog.
A lot of people seemed very surprised when I told them I would be staying with Kade's parents instead of my own - but they have been grandparents for longer and are empty-nesters, so they had the spare rooms, beds, playpens, high chairs, bath toys, baby soaps, diapers, wipes and even extra pjs. But even aside from that, I consider myself one of the lucky ones when it comes to getting along with the in-laws. There was a little while when it was awkward - especially the first little stint we lived with them (sorry!), but now I like to think we get along great. It really helps that they are two of the most selfless, generous and kind-hearted people on the face of the earth. Yesterday while we were in the throes of throwing up, Vickie came home from work after only 20 minutes to help take care of everyone. She did everything I should've been doing for the kids while I shivered, cold and worthless on the couch. Was she afraid of getting sick? Sure, she might've been. Did she get sick? Of course. But she soldiered on, making dinner and doing endless loads of laundry and getting up with Jonah in the middle of the night when he needed to run to the bathroom to throw up. She is a saint, that's for sure.
I feel bad that we're here to visit everyone but are just going to end up laying around or else getting everyone else sick. I really, really, really hope it passes soon. And I had more to say but I'm going to have to cut this post short because both of my kids are crying and need my attention. It's like we never left! Well, aside from a change of scenery and different toys. But they're still the same old cute lovable monstrous needy messy destructive hooligans they were in North Carolina.
I feel bad that we're here to visit everyone but are just going to end up laying around or else getting everyone else sick. I really, really, really hope it passes soon. And I had more to say but I'm going to have to cut this post short because both of my kids are crying and need my attention. It's like we never left! Well, aside from a change of scenery and different toys. But they're still the same old cute lovable monstrous needy messy destructive hooligans they were in North Carolina.
No comments:
Post a Comment