13.4.15
In Memorandum
Every time I write a blog post I write it for my readers. The ones I'm aware of, anyway. The ones that include my mom, Kade's mom, maybe some of our grandparents, and Tandi.
When I worked at the credit union there was a lot of downtime. They (the big bosses, I guess) had banned Facebook; so instead we scrolled the KSL classifieds, various news sources, did some online window shopping, and every once in a while I would glance over and see Tandi had pulled up my silly little blog. It was always a little embarrassing, because gosh, some of the stuff I write is just... embarrassing. But she always insisted she loved it, and that I was a good writer, and that my kids were adorable, and I ate it up.
So this post goes out to Tandi.
It was my great pleasure to have worked with her Monday - Thursday every week for 6 months. She made it bearable to be the "new guy," and was always assuring me that everyone made the same mistakes I always made and no one ever got fired (she really did have to tell me that). She never complained when I switched the radio from Country to Top 40 (though I'm sure she was glad about having control of the radio again when I left). She always acted interested in whatever lame story I nervously stumbled over in attempt to not seem so shy and awkward, and she always asked me about my family and was genuinely interested in how we were all doing. She never said a negative word about anyone, and was the person every single customer preferred to go to - and I didn't blame them at all.
After I left, whenever I would be in the store doing some grocery shopping, I was always excited to go pop in and see her - because she always seemed excited to see me. She would make sure to tell me I was missed and to keep updating my blog because she loved to see pictures of my kids. Even though I didn't really know her for long, she made me feel like we had known each other for years.
During those few months I worked with her, it was obvious how much she loved her family. She talked about her husband, sons, daughter, daughter in law and grandson all the time - to the point where even though I hadn't met them I felt like I knew them. I feel so sorry for their loss, and hope they can find peace and comfort in the knowledge that she will be watching over and fiercely guarding them from a higher realm.
And though it kind of saddens me to think she won't be pulling up my page anymore, I'm sure I'll still think of her whenever I post on this silly thing.
Thanks, Tandi, for touching my life and so many others' in ways I'm sure you never knew of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment