8.1.16

I Made This...

After searching through Pinterest for a weekly chore chart for myself and not finding anything I liked, I decided to just go ahead and make my own. Most of the charts out there are all fine and dandy, but I wanted something fully customizable week by week, You know, in case one Wednesday I don't really feel like scrubbing bathrooms, but Thursday I'm all for it.


Saturdays are for family fun, random projects and straightening up, and Sundays are for relaxing and... well, also straightening up. As mama always said, "Cleanliness is next to Godliness!" (Although the whining and gnashing of teeth that followed that statement was surely satanic enough to erase whatever godliness came from a clean living room - in my humble opinion. Yet I do the same as my mother did, because that's the way the world works.) The dotted lines below the days of the week are for the day's big project, like scrubbing the bathrooms or mopping the kitchen floor or cleaning the oven or vacuuming every room in the house, etc... all the best stuff that I never get done because I hate it :) 

The three boxes and blank lines are for me to decide what three things need my attention the most that day, whether it's finally emptying the dishwasher, cleaning out a closet or folding a load of laundry, left forgotten in a basket on the floor of my bedroom. Anything goes! 

Sometimes I overwhelm myself with my to-do lists. I start writing down a few of the most important things and when that doesn't look like I'll have done enough that day I start adding more and more and more... until finally when Kade comes home at the end of the day I can point to my list and say, "Look how overwhelming my list was, I'm just so glad I was able to knock at least four things off" *wipes sweat from brow* *searches for sympathy*

So, I know the yellow friday one is kind of annoying, but since I'm not a graphic designer I used Picmonkey and had already combined the layers. I didn't want to ruin anything beyond repair, so it stayed yellow. Oh well, no one's forcing YOU to use it. But the good news is, if you want to you totally can! Just don't be dumb and take credit for making it on your personal blog or website. But I guess if you want to tell all your relief society girls you made it, well that's between you and the Lord, my friend. I'm only here to help. Mainly I needed to put it somewhere I could find it so I can avoid having to make one all over again if this chart gets lost. 

You could put it in a frame and make it dry erase, or in one of those plastic covers and get the same effect, or you could deplete your savings buying color ink and print a new one every week. The options are limitless! 

Enjoy! Or don't, or whatever. Happy New Year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...