I've never made any secret of the fact that I'm not a big fan of Lord of the Rings.
"It's not real, there's too many weird 'creatures' in it and its completely unbelievable. I'd rather watch movies with a believable plot and believable characters."
So, when I asked my mom if I could borrow her copy of The Chronicles of Narnia, I should've realized what would happen next.
Kade "Wait, you like Narnia? And you hate Lord of the Rings?"
Jess "Well Lord of the Rings has a totally unbelievable storyline."
Kade "They're practically the same thing--you think Narnia has a believable storyline?"
I hadn't seen Narnia in a long time, so I wasn't really sure about the storyline, but I would not swallow my pride. I kept sticking up for Narnia and down-talking Lord of the Rings. Kade just chuckled a little bit.
It's a few days later, and we're sitting down watching Narnia.
We're just happily watching this completely normal movie, with nothing weird about any of the characters, and all the sudden I hear Kade say:
"oooh a magical goat-man!"
Then later...
"oooh talking magical beavers!"
"oh what, what is that? Is that a magical troll?"
So Kade shut me up.
No comments:
Post a Comment