25.4.10

Easterish

It's been kind of a while since the last post, I know. And many of these pictures are outdated by now, but I know all of you want to see them anyway!

First, some very late Easter pics, at my mom's new house in Perry:



My baby brother Eli


Picking eggs off the tree



Heber carried his eggs in my cardigan


What a happy little freckle-faced Easter boy!


Porter, with all of his goods


Even Brooke kind of looked like she was having fun
jk. She did have fun :)


Mama Debs celebrating Easter in her own little way


Kade and I enjoying the kids enjoy


Kade and his Easter bonnet

Kind of sad to have left the great little town of Bear River, but the new Perry house has much more pluses. A newly updated kitchen (versus the kitchen we left that was held together with duct tape, thanks to the over-abuse of five boys), a sweet BIG deck (versus the non-existant deck we left home at BR), a seperate food storage room with a potato pit (way cool), and Brooke's room has turned from a cute orange/green/yellow/blue color pallet with a built-in stereo system to white walls and faded navy blue carpet.
It's really a great house though.

Now, for something more recent...
I'm a seamstress!!
Who knew?
I mean, my mom tried desperately to teach me when I was younger--she helped me sew all my own church skirts, mend and/or alter my own clothing, sew new swimsuits year after year--and I got impressively far with it. For a little while I was making clothes for all of Brooklyn's Barbie dolls, you know, fixing any broken seams with hot glue, and it was pretty fun.
But this is serious times.



I'm making this cute skirt for myself. I keep whining every Sunday morning, afternoon, evening and night that I need new church clothes. Kade suggests that maybe the 9 skirts, countless shirts, and 5 dresses should be enough for today at least, right? And I slump my shoulders and bob my head up and down.
But I'm taking action now. I'm saving myself from all those insufferable Sunday mornings, while saving money. I suppose this is as close to going green as I've ever gotten?

Anyway, this is a cute headband I made with the wrong color of thread.
My cousing Ashlee makes them (much, much better) and I thought I'd try one out. She's super creative. She also has a baking blog that is simply stunning.


Kinda cute huh?


And this is Kade modeling it for me. What a sport!

So yeah, there it is. Good luck to me and hope you had a happy Easter!

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...