27.5.10

Home Improvement

So far, Kade and I have tried to do as much as we're allowed in the "improving your shabby rental home" department. I think we've actually done quite nicely, myself. We picked the weeds and planted some flowers and Kade mowed the lawn for me in the rain (awwwwww...). But there was still one thing that needed some work.

We bought this little red bench at a yard sale a little after we got engaged. It was actually kind of ugly, but we saw potential. The paint was 60% chipped off through the weather-beaten years, and it looked pretty haggard and dead.

A couple days ago, we revived this bench. We scraped and sanded and sweat and cried and worked until we had transformed it into something our own. And I even sewed cute cushions for it.
And the reason the cushions aren't as fluffy or thick as I wanted them to be is because, surprise! foam costs about six times more than I thought it would. Oh well :)


I had forgotten I wanted to take before and after pictures, so luckily I didn't get very far before I remembered.


Pitiful, just pitiful.
But then, after a couple of hours of crouching, kneeling, laying on the cement and listening to M. Ward


Here she is. What a beaut.


Even cuter with cushions!
Yeah yeah, so they are small and don't fit perfectly... But look how even they are!
Pretty impressive, considering.


Next project:

Oooh... actually I'm going to leave it a surprise!

post signature

3 comments:

danielandjamietervort said...

I love it Jess! good work! i'm so impressed you sewed those cushions! they are way good and super cute! i would love to take a sit on that bench!

Kade & Jess said...

Haha, oh brother. Come take a sit on my bench anytime!

Melanee said...

Fabulous makeover! Love the cushions, and the fun part is that you can reupholster them when you want a change.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...