26.7.10

Summer Workshop

For school I signed up for some week-long summer credit workshops. Just one week for three credits. Grueling, but a good trade.
So I thought I would share some of the writing from it, since I've missed some "write wednesdays" which I'm thinking of changing to "write whenever the heck you want days" anyway.
Here is the first one of the week.

(I wrote it as a text to myself, way late at night, so I would remember it the next day. Which is why its a little childish. But I can't ever seem to stray away from writing childish poems, maybe it's my destiny?)





In  Apprehension of Another Winter Where I Live


by and by is a tale of a whistling leaf
all curled up and dead
clutching tight to the bough of the tree
it sings of a story of wet early spring
flourishing color of yellowy green
then sun lit aflame with merciless heat
no drop of rain to make summer sweet
on into new fall where that little leaf
it crumpled and died 
and fell to the street
all curled up and dead.
all curled up and dead.
and reduced to the dust neath school children's feet.


post signature

1 comment:

Melanee said...

It's so interesting what flows out of us when we think we're just playing with words. I often find the things I randomly write without pressure come out with more depth than I expected.

There's a difference between being childish, and childlike. We are to "put away childish things" and "become as a child." :) Your verses are ripe with the magic of childhood and playfulness and your voice is real.

Love it, love it, love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...