...had a another birthday, a happy one we know..
We join in celebration, because we love you so!
Happy, happy birthday, we'll sing loud and clear;
May you have God's blessings through the coming year!
Yes, yes. It was my dad's birthday the other day--and boy what a splendid party we did have! And there was no shortage of treats, no one really communicated as to who was bringing what--so we had pies, peach cobbler, cookies, rice krispies, etc... it was pretty sweet. Literally.
And yes, yes, I did make those pies.
And it did make me feel super great when Kade's family was raving about them (thanks guys) :) But really, if you want to see a beautiful pie, have my mom make you one. She's the pie making champ!
Anyway, we sang and wis... WAIT-- we didn't wish!
Happy birthday dad, I hope you kinda liked it, and I hope you don't make fun of me for this virtual wish.. But I'd just like to tell you how much I love you and have appreciated you for being my dad. Thanks for all you've done for me throughout my life, and for everything you still do, even though I'm supposed to be all "independent." Thanks for always being concerned--I know that if I ever needed anything I could just call you and you'd drop everything to help me :) I hope this next year goes better for you, and that all your goals are achieved. I love you tons!
And that's a wish.
So we sang, and opened presents
But mostly, we just relaxed
Do these guys not look exactly alike?
Well, I suppose that about wraps it up--
Happy birthday Dad!

*for an explanation regarding Matt's face, see Muffins.








2 comments:
Jess, Cute! your pies looked especially DELICIOUS. Your Dad (My BRO.) looked like he had a awesome BDay!
It's me your auntie Jill not Samuel who is Posting Comments :)
Post a Comment