1.8.10

Blah...

I know, I'm supposed to be doing my homework right now.
But I really don't care to... and the sound of my typing this sounds just like me typing up my essay, so Kade can't even get mad at me until later. I just need a little baby break.

That poem that I did a little while ago--well, I brought it to class to be picked apart. So here's the revised and edited version:


Common Teasel

Remember those tall brown thistles with prickly heads?
You and little brother
pull on sticky-jam sweatpants,
a wrinkled t-shirt and run
outside. Find perfect sticks for swords—
Race up Carrie knoll
where the thistles make their home.

But there were never thistles,
only fields and fields of dragons; and you
protect the kingdom. You are
princess in sparkling pink armor;
Brother—knight
in standard grey. You run up the hill
slashing dragons’ heads off
one by one, shrieking triumph.

When dusk arrives and crickets chirp—
A field of prickly sticks remains;
Crowns decapitated and
You, the victor.


Let me know what you think of it, yo. I think it's a little bit better myself.

Anyway, here are some of the best arrested development quotes ever


post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...