23.8.10

Jackson, Jackson, Jaaaackson...

(Jackson, Jackson, Jaaaackson is a phrase my brother, Matt, coined when we were younger. He would say it in a shrill nasaly voice whenever our other brother, Jackson, wasn't paying attention to him.)



Jackson Hole (or Holden, according to miss Taylee Dee), WY

A fun-filled family trip to float the snake river, and browse around Jackson's shops and predominantly asian-tourist infested wooden sidewalks.





Taylee LOVES books. So naturally, she was very curious about what those kids were reading.

Then we all got our pictures taken by the famous antler arches





Then we meandered over to the candy shoppe!






I loves me some coffee flavored candies...



and look at all the great old-timey signs on the walls!
I want some



Kade tried to convince me that these were real...
Pff...


Sometimes the boys just waited on the bench while the girls looked around


After we were done shopping and looking at all the fancy, overpriced things in Jackson,


we bounced on over to the Bar J Ranch!

(Photo courtesy of... heraldextra.com)


We walked around the grounds before the show and took some lovely pictures














Waiting in line for some dutch oven biscuits
(the lady on the far left, we don't know. but uncle Mike, who's looking at us slyly from behind everyone, we know him)



Look at this FOOD!



Look at everyone EATING that food!



It was a very good time. Those cowboys are super talented!

*   *   *


The very next day,

We got up bright an early and headed for the snake!


So, I don't have any pictures of us rafting the river, but you can bet we looked something like these guys




Except picture the raft going against the wave sideways, and picture me falling off into the rapids.

That's right. 

I remember floating towards that huge wave, and thinking
well, that's it. we're all going over.
So I threw my oar into the middle and plugged my nose and 
SPLASH!
Then I was thinking 
oh shoot, oh shoot--this is just what my dad always said would happen if fell into a river
I had no idea where I was, I didn't want to open my eyes for fear my contacts would be flushed out, and I thought I was way far out from the raft by now.
I tried to breathe, I kicked hard to get myself above the waves,
but I always inhaled water.
Man, I was so scared when water started pouring into my nose.
Finally somebody grabbed my hand!
Kade and his dad pulled me up and into the raft, where I hyperventilated for awhile (because I was freaked out, and because I was super cold)
And then I was fine.

Then, after all was said and done and we were out of the raft and onto solid pavement ramp--Brock confessed he had seen the whole thing. He watched my face grow from fun to fear, watched me plug my nose and pinch my eyes shut and fly off the side into the crashing white water and rocks.
But really, there was nothing he could do. So we all just laughed :)
Thanks Brock,

haha...


So yeah, it was a nice vacation all in all. I would go down the river again in a heartbeat if I could! And we will, we'll go back someday. Maybe next year even, and we're so excited!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is the worst hat I have ever seen...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...