6.3.11

Feeling It

Lately I've been slacking on productivity of any kind. Except to throw something in the microwave for dinner... I think its the weather. It's got me in the usual funk early March does. The one where you're excited for March because it means SPRING! But of course, spring doesn't ever actually come until the very end of the month, and when that realization sinks in, its hard to get over. 

This feeling is the exact combination of this Damian Rice Pandora station and the rainy grey clouds outside.

So, I've come up with a solution.

Spring Break (which starts tomorrow) is here fore re-dubbed 
Creativity Stimulus and Artistic Exploration Week.

Because I always feel better when I've made something.

Here are my goals:

* No unnecessary web-surfing or TV

* Pick up my poor, neglected guitar and brush up on stuff

* Figure out something to paint on those two big blank canvases

* Paint the living room purple...maybe
(what do you think guys, am I so brazen?)

* Look for a tall, wide-ish, super cheap bookshelf

* Finish my book for class but also read one I don't have to


And that's about it so far. I feel like this week will be just the thing to get me out of this mucky rut. 
Sometimes I also wish I had a keyboard piano.
Sing my blues away, you know.

Anyway, I hope all of you have a great week!

2 comments:

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kami and Joe said...

I didn't know that you play the guitar, very jealous. It sounds like you know how to play the piano too. I wish I would have listened to my mom and stuck with it. Thanks for the parenting comment, I too haven't been a parent but it is very obvious. There still are good little kids out there so that gives me hope that good parenting is still being practiced. I think you will be a great parent someday! Have a great week and be sure to post pictures of your projects!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...