3.3.11

I Thought I Had Escaped...

A few weeks ago Kade was struck down violently and completely unfairly with the flu.

I, his wife, kissed him and hugged him and slept right next to him, breathed his toxic exhalation, for nearly three days until he got better.

But I did not get sick!

Then my professor got sick and lost her voice for the whole week.

I did not!

Then my other professor got super sick (he looked like crap) but insisted he could teach the class sitting in his chair, reaching across the table to steady his presumably dizzy self, while panting a bit and perspiring a little.

Still healthy.
I thought I had gone the whole season without illness until...

Out of the cloudy grey sky...

My tonsils started to swell and my throat was on fire and my neck was so stiff and muscles so achy... apparently I had three out of the four symptoms that merit an emergency room visit. But luckily, I did not vomit--oh so luckily.

So, what is the lesson to be learned here? Should I, with the knowledge that this disease is incredibly contagious and could be transferred to my teachers and peers on the sleeves of my jacket, have holed myself up in my bedroom until Spring, to spare others I may have come into contact with this horrible agony?

OOOOORRRR... Should teachers just buck up and admit they're too sick to teach, and let us all have a snow day?



On that note--

Thursdays are a big day for our little family. Me and Kade, that is.
Thursday is the day TV networks host all their greatest shows!

(Community)




(30 Rock)


And lately we've been trying out this new one:

(perfect couples)

But I'm still iffy about it.


Also, if we didn't catch it the day before, Thursdays this is online!

(Modern Family)


Makes for a great Thursday night, sick or not :)

Happy vegetating!
(unless you're someone productive, in that case, you're missing out)


*all images via Google*

2 comments:

Zane and Cami said...

We look forward to Thursday night TV all week long. Pretty pathetic that our week long excitement is spent in front of that black screen. Oh well. Glad to know someone else does the same! Get better!!

Lyndsi said...

Sorry you're sick :( No fun at all!

As I was reading through your shows I was thinking to myself, "I've got to tell them about Modern Family!" But lo and behold, you guys are already fans! I've heard good things about Community so we'll have to look into that one! (As if I need one more show to add to my list...)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...