I'm so sorry for the lack of posts for these past... three? weeks. We've been pretty busy.
The week before last we were in the completely chaotic process of moving.
Moving doesn't ever seem like that big of a deal until you're right in the middle of it.
But, on top of that, I had just started work at a new job, and was basically working 40 hours a week during training... (brother, you wouldn't believe how hard it was for me to go from working 0 hours a week to 40!)
Also the first summer session of school has been wrapping up so there's final exams and last minute assignments to catch up on.
Then there's all the daily things that take up a good chunk of our time like eating, sleeping, etc...
And finding time to spend together has been a task.
But we found some!
Today we miraculously both had the day off,
we jumped in the car and drove up Logan Canyon a ways because neither of us had ever seen the
Wind Caves!
We had tried to find the wind caves once before about a year ago,
but whatever trail we ended up on didn't lead us anywhere at all...
So we figured we'd give it another shot.
In this picture we were like,
"Ok... this is the end of the trail, where the heck are the caves?"
We were severely disappointed, thinking we had hiked all that way and must have taken a wrong turn.
Then we realized we were standing right on top of them!
Kade saw this very high, slippery and all-around precarious ledge
and just had to climb it.
Don't worry, he made it up and down alive, and I won't even mention how he almost slid all the way down the mountain during his descent...
It was such a pretty day, perfect hiking weather--
the trail was a little harder than I was expecting it to be, but on our way down we passed many young children making their way without the slightest moaning or wheezing.
So, I guess I was just super out of shape?
Or... pregnant.
that's such a great excuse when you need one :)
No comments:
Post a Comment