It was called 17 Miracles.
Have you heard?
Suuuuuper good. There were only about six couples in there and there was not a dry eye left in the place afterwards.
It's about the Willie handcart company and the miraculous things that happened to them as they crossed the plains. The film was a little fast-paced for me and at times awkward, but as a whole it was... inspiring.
On the way home we mostly discussed how crappy of people we are, and decided to do a little better.
*ok, flashback to a few hours before: at work I was somehow over $2000.00 out of balance for day. I was perplexed, and when my supervisor finally said the guys at the main office would kick our butts for this, but it was time to stop looking for it and go home (an hour after we closed) I sat in my air-conditionless car for ten minutes and cried. ($2000? Do you realize how much that is?)
So, that night during our family prayer we included a bit about how stressed I was about the money, and how it would be really great to find it.
That night, I had stress dreams about it all night. I would figure out where it went, and then it would be wrong. So I would figure out where else it could be, and it would be wrong. Finally, I dreamed that we found it, and it was because of something that happened the day before.
I woke up and shrugged off the dream, and stupidly didn't acknowledge it until my supervisor and I were looking for the money again, and whadayaknow-- turns out it was because of a mistake someone else made... the day before.
Isn't that awesome? And I don't think I would have been quite in the mood for any spiritual revelations if I had not seen that movie and repented of my wicked ways. And I probably would have been too stubborn to do anything but mope about my problems. So... pray. It does good things for you.
Also, go see that movie. It does good things for you.

No comments:
Post a Comment