Remember when you would never wear hats under any circumstance? Well, when I saw these sunglasses at the Children's Place with the tempting price tag of only $3 dollars, I had to get them, but I thought for sure they would end up as just another decorative piece on your dresser. But lo and behold, you don't even mind wearing them! You're getting so mature lately, and so Bad A.
You can definitely tell you've got some Clawson in you. I don't know where this came from, but every Clawson I've ever met is a spaz, or at least has spastic moments--where a sporadic burst of adrenaline (or something like that) takes over their nervous system momentarily and they end up doing the weirdest things (your uncle Matt was especially famous for squishing people's ears). And every once in a while when I'm holding you, you will spaz out and start kicking and squeezing my arm, digging your tiny fingernails into the very tender flesh of my inner arm. It hurts a lot, but it's so darn cute!
You can sit up on your own now! Almost everyone is surprised, but really you've just got so much belly and thigh fat that it's only natural you could sit on top of it and be perfectly balanced. But it's talent too, because you can stop yourself from tipping over most of the time. You're such a smarty-pants!
Solid food is still an adventure. So far you don't seem to have an opinion on peaches, carrots or plain rice cereal, you HATE turkey, and you LOVE pears, yams, mashed potatoes and gravy. I'm not even sure if we're supposed to be giving you mashed potatoes and gravy, since it's off our own plates and probably loaded with sodium--but it's the right consistency and you can't get enough of it!
You are just getting so big, I can't believe how many clothes you've outgrown! I think this whole clothes-buying thing is going to be a monthly event (much to your dad's dismay) (much to my excitement). I love going through old photos of you when you were just a tiny little apricot, you were so small! But I love how much you're growing and watching you learn all kinds of new things. It's pretty exciting being your parent!
Love ya Jones,
Mom and Dad



2 comments:
That is so funny that sunglasses are okay but a hat is not. Very cute post for a very cute little boy!
Cute! I love the glasses. He is getting so big!
Post a Comment