23.5.12

I Need to Start Preparing...

I fully expect that my future transition into an old lady will come with lots of biting, kicking and scratching. Not because I don't want to grow old (well, but who does?), but because I will have ten times the competition for my husband as I do now.


He loves to come home from shadowing Physical Therapists and tell me all about how many elderly women hit on him that day. Once, an old lady came up to him, grabbed his arm and in awe asked, "are you a doctor?" And when he explained that he was only a student, she said excitedly, "so you're going to be a doctor!"

Just yesterday we were at the mall looking for some new work shoes to replace the ones he'd completely worn out, and while we were waiting in line at the checkstand behind an older lady, she happened to glance back at us and stopped everything she was doing to (loudly) exclaim "Oh My!" as she looked him up and down.

When we finished our purchase, as we walked out the door Kade whispered to me, "did that really happen?" and I finally was able to let out the laugh I'd been holding in.

They just can't get enough of him!

Seriously, I should probably sign up for karate or boxing or something right now, so by the time we hit old age I'll stand a chance at keeping my husband for myself, before some foxy old broad charms him away from me!


Sorry ladies, he's taken.




1 comment:

K.J.D.L said...

This happens to my husband all the TIME! Never let Kade be a waiter. It gets even worse.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...