8.5.12

That One Project

My living room has been nearly complete for about two months now. We had everything ready, new couches, rug, throw pillows, bookshelf, a mantle and a new TV to go above it, but there was just this one bare naked wall that really needed an extra large piece of something to look at.

So I started with four blank canvases and an idea.


I sketched it out, then I traced my sketch with tacky glue and let it dry. 


A couple weeks later (painted during nap times) it looked like this. But I wasn't thrilled with it. So it sat on the floor in the corner of the kitchen for about a month while I decided what it needed.

And then it came to me. I bought a can of spray paint and painted the entire thing gold. Gold matched more with the living room colors than purple by a long shot. Then I bought a few bottles of metallic craft paint and went to town while watching old episodes of 30 rock. 


I am much more in love with it now. But I can't decide, should I throw a little red into the centers of the feathers, or leave it be? It's fine to hang now while I mull that over... it looks pretty good as it is.

And maybe I'll take pictures of the now fully-finished living room to show you! Huzzah!


2 comments:

adventure knitter said...

Holy Sac! That's amazing!!!! If only I had artistic ability like that...

Zane and Cami said...

It's Perfect! What a great piece!!! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...