I call this, A Toddler in Twenty Minutes...
notice how artistically strewn about the tissues are, whilst the empty box watches from afar
We've got that obnoxious dry cough. The one caused by post-nasal drip. The one where when you lie down, it immediately gets three hundred times worse, and instead of peacefully falling into an illness-induced coma for the night, your fuddrucking coughing makes your abs wrench and heave and scream from overuse (or use at all, in my case).
When Jonah happens upon pillows or blankets, he wraps his arms around them, says "Aaaaahhh..."
and smashes his face into them.
(would you get a load of that HAIR?)
But, back to the "opportunity" part of that first paragraph, which is indeed meant to be read with positive undertones--I have spent a lot of one on one time with Jones, but this week more than any other week has blown me away. Suddenly, he's so grown up! Once upon a time I had a big fat squish of a boy who could only sit up (thanks to his big bum) and not move anywhere or really do anything at all. Now that boy is bigger, less squishy, and has figured out he can do lots of new things. He can open drawers! And now there's a gate barring him from the bathroom. He can climb! So when he feels bath time is over, it's over right then and there. He can turn the pages of a book like a rockstar! And now we spend thrice as much time reading books (which is great!).
Honestly, though, when did this happen? I know that is extraordinarily cliche (an oxymoron?), but I don't think you ever quite understand this phenomenon unless you experience it with your own child. Its like they're the same for days, weeks even. You get all used to them being the way they are, then one night you put them to bed and the next morning they're a completely different kid with all these new tricks and facial ticks and attitudes and abilities... Surely scientists have done a study on this?
No offense, but literally no one in the world has a cuter baby than I do. ;)
That's mama's nasal spray. He ain't used one drop.
This boy amazes me. Daily. Being a mom and blah blah mushy gushy shut up and let me finish--is the funnest thing I've done to date. Sometimes I feel guilty that I get to stay at home all day, but its only because I feel bad that Kade doesn't get to do the same. Work? Please. Why would I want to work when I'd have to give up this guy as a 24/7 sidekick?*
Despite this wretched headache and these fickle sinuses, and despite not having fallen asleep before four in the morning the past three nights (Kade included, gosh this cough is miserable), I've been having a pretty good time watching this kid have a good time.
Maybe over the weekend he'll learn to blow when I hold a tissue to his nose?
Eh... probably dreaming.
*Of course, he is my only sidekick... perhaps my view will change with the addition of three or four more.
No comments:
Post a Comment