I need something to get my mind of my current stressor. So I will tell you about the next-to-current stressor, which just so happens to STILL BE SCHOOL.
No word from the last two schools yet. How long has it been, you ask? Well, we began preparing to apply in September. So this month marks 5 more months until it has been an entire year of waiting. But really, with these two schools we were supposed to hear by the end of march. So it's only been a day.
But for goodness' sake! We are both - nay, all three of us - done with waiting. Until we know, we can make no plans, and until we can make plans we're stuck in Cache (which is very pretty 75% of the year, but the winters... oh the winters) and stuck this old stinky apartment with brand new carpets that make it hard to justify complaining about living in this old stinky apartment because in reality our apartment doesn't stink as much as the ones next door... it's an awful situation.
But here's something: is it a blessing that we haven't heard any good news? Because if we heard too much good news, we would have to reject some of it, and how good does it feel to say no?
I am not a no sayer. I will beat around the bush until my underwear becomes unwearable (which is a long time, because I am pretty continent). I will sit through things I have no desire to sit through just because I don't want to hurt your feelings by telling you, no thanks. I am that terrible kind of person that will suffer through anything because I don't want to inconvenience you by asking for a blanket, food, drink, to stop stepping on my toe, etc. Isn't that annoying?
I had to say no to someone today. For my job, I was asked to write an article and submit it to different websites to see if someone would publish it. Well, TWO wanted to publish it. So I had to say no to one, because you can't have two copies of the same thing floating around the internet (so I hear). And almost immediately after I said no to one, they emailed me back with these words:
"Drat. I was looking forward to that one going up."
And now I have to sit and wait around for the other one to get back to me... and if he changes his mind or something then where am I?
Oh wait a second, you actually CAN post that article! Haha, oh silly me. I don't know what I'm doing at all, do I? Please post my article. PLEASE.
That's my current stressor. Because its been a half hour (I know it's not a long time) and he hasn't emailed me back.
But this post was supposed to be about anything else.
...So, Jonah knows how to work our iPhones. Actually, he has for about a month. He knows how to unlock it, swipe to the next page, click on the folder with his games in it, and go back and forth between games until he's done.
Isn't that mad?
He's only 16 months old. He's brilliant, I'm sure of it.
But, I'd also bet we're the only parents that let our 16 month old play with our $500 iPhones. It's a good thing we got those protective cases.
K well I need to get off the computer so I can stop refreshing my email.
1 comment:
I know how you feel we had to wait almost eight months before we found out about med school. Being in limbo unable to prep for the future is the worst. It will all work out:)
- Lauren
Post a Comment