21.8.14

Warning: This Post is Forever Long

My brain has been a little starved for attention, I guess. Yesterday I started reading As We Are Now, and I could not stop myself from thinking about it all night long. It was probably 1:00 in the morning before I fell asleep - which is too bad, because Millie was up at 2:00, 2:30, 3:00 and 4:00.

Anyway, this book is about old people - specifically those who are in nursing homes. You should read it because rarely do I ever think about an old person's perspective, as I'm sure is the case with most people my age, but now I'm drawing up blueprints for a couple of mother-in-law apartments to add onto my future house! You're welcome, parents and parents-in-law.

Anyway, so reading this book has made me think a little more about the elderly in my life, and I realized that our cute little old neighbor Janine asked to see pictures from our trip out west, and I hadn't shown her any yet! So this morning I sent a bunch off to be printed, picked them up, put them in a photo album and Jones, Millie and I headed over to her and Bill's house to show them. They seemed pretty tickled to see pictures of complete strangers in places they'd never been - which is funny to me - and she even picked out a couple to keep for her own photo album that she calls "friends and neighbors."

I guess it was a good feeling, going over there for a visit, even though we see her almost every day. Plus there were a couple pics of the Ogden and Brigham City temples in there that she thought were beautiful (they go to a different church) so that was pretty cool. I got to feel like I could throw a fist in the air for missionary work - even though it was a paltry attempt.

Anyway, the point of this post was to show you guys those pics, too, but also to be nice to the elderly! Seriously, read that book.



Miss Millie is just the sweetest little thing.


While on a family wheeler ride, we went to my old hometown and visited the area I grew up in. This is the treehouse my dad built for us and all the neighbor kids. Still holding sturdy!













Millie on her blessing day in her gorgeous little hand-made dress and booties. She did great during the blessing, but she made us super nervous because she screamed and cried from the time church started until Kade brought her up to be blessed. Thank goodness! 



Honeyville pond is sure purty. A storm was rolling in over the mountains and the lighting was just so gorgeous. Sometimes I'm quite surprised at what my little iPhone can capture. 


Looking for ducks with Kade's sister AshLee and her kids - Jonesy's favorite cousins!




During the luncheon after Millie's blessing, Jonah was so ornery and exhausted. Normally he makes this face when you ask him to look at the camera, but I don't think he even knew his pic was being taken. This is just honest to goodness sick and tired of it all.





I look sort of sick and tired too. Like, literally ill and lacking any energy whatsoever. 
The thing is - I wasn't. That's just how I looked!






Kade's parents have a little kid wheeler that Jonah LOVED to drive "by hisself"


Maybe Kade's mom will murder me for posting this? Eh, don't care. I really like this pic.





Bear Lake with the whole extended family! A yearly tradition, perhaps the greatest of all yearly traditions. This is Jonah's second cousin (my cousin - yes, we're mormons) Emi, who* Jones thinks is the greatest!




*is it who or is it whom? I have come to a decision that whoever/whomever corrects people when it comes to who or whom is just pretentious. Get a real job English major. 


Millie was at the beach, too! But she mostly laid in the shade because baby skin and such.









This is within mere minutes of being buckled in his carseat. The kid had a lot of fun.






Ogden temple = two thumbs way up.





We drove around all our old haunts in Logan, this is the view from the USU parking lot where Kade proposed to me - awwwww!


My little brother and his brand new bride! Another awwwww....



While we were waiting for Matt and Toni, there was a lot of photo-bombing. 




Jonah is not a fan of the #familyselfie





"Eli! Let me take your picture with Jonah!" aaaaaand he loved the idea. Obviously.




Jonah had a little too much of the reception.


These are out of order, but they're cute so I'll leave them. Plus, Mountains!





We are just the cutest aren't we? Of course, it's mostly Kade. 


And I had to throw this one in - Brooke and I were at walmart getting bananas for banana splits, and Brooke picks these up and starts heading to the register and I'm like, "What are you doing? Those are completely green!" and she says, "Yeah, I like my bananas crunchy."

Haha. Ew.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...