26.8.14

90's/00's Alternative

Last night I had a dream that I was giving a live labor & delivery demonstration in front of my entire high school class. As in I was giving birth in the auditorium in front of everyone. This is just one of several dreams about high school I've had since I've graduated, and it makes me wonder if I need therapy.

Why would I be so subconsciously obsessed with high school? It definitely isn't one of my fonder memories - but then again, sometimes it is.
And so I wonder if I dream about it once in a while because it was a period of growth. And even though I made a lot of mistakes I wish I could re-do (like being a huge brat), and didn't get along with a lot of my peers, I think about them all fondly because there we were, all just a bunch of kids, going through life together. Am I quoting a plot from a movie?

Anyway, since all of us have moved on to do our own thing post-graduation, I kind of like watching all of them on Facebook. I feel like a mom or grandma, because I always think, "wow, I wonder if he/she ever thought they would have ended up being a (insert profession) or marrying so-and-so, or living in (insert random city or country)" It's like I've been watching all of them grow up.

And though I did have fun with my little group, there are the people that, now, I know I could have been great friends with. It's sad that I got all caught up in the cliques and gossip and drama that just seeps through the walls of any high school, because I think I missed out on some great relationships. Luckily, we're all adults now and so far, a few of them have been willing to shed their high school skins and give me a second chance.

Again, anyway, this wasn't supposed to be the subject of this post but I started listening to a 90's and 2000's playlist on Pandora and it got me thinking beyond that weird dream I had.

Have a great day!




I had to throw in some pics of the old high school for nostalgia's sake - because it's been torn down and rebuilt. Plus, back in the old days we didn't have instant-selfie iPhones, so when one of us brought a camera to school we went a little crazy. Like the pic below...



2 comments:

Heather said...

Funny that you should write about this. Because I feel the same way. And I was seriously recently thinking to myself, "Man, why didn't I hang out with Jessica Clawson in high school? We might have been great friends!" Probably because I am socially handicapped? Oh well, you live and you learn.

Jess said...

Haha yes! Sometimes a little later than ideal, but you always learn. And if it wasn't obvious you were one of the people I was referring to! Good thing there's the internet or we might never have talked post-graduation!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...