That's TWO AWAY from what is apparently the highest level of acidity. Again, why does the FDA allow these to be sold as candies, and to mere children might I add? Anyway, as a 24 year old adult woman, I felt very ashamed that I had gotten myself into a situation where I couldn't eat anything without my eyes watering. I guess I'll have no trouble dropping the last of that baby weight. Though this is the first year I did not resolve to lose weight. Go figure.
Anyway, I ended up sustaining myself on Gerber 2nd foods Turkey & Gravy, and using some of Millie's teething gel. Pretty dang pathetic. And though I'm not recovered yet, I'm on the mend. I've discovered that I can eat oatmeal so long as I quickly toss it to the back of my throat and swallow without tasting.
In other news, I realized how long it had been since I had taken any photos with my real camera, so here are some pictures of the one child that cooperated.
She is just the sweetest thing. It's so crazy how quickly she's growing up. It seemed like she was a screaming sleepless colicky newborn for forever, then suddenly she started sitting, crawling, babbling, and just in the past couple of days she's got it in her head she can stand up. She tries so hard to pull herself up onto things and stays in a push-up position forever trying to figure out how to get her upper body off the ground. And I know it's so cliche to say, but I honestly feel like she just barely learned to sit! Surely it was only a week ago, right??
And then there's Jonah, who is still in the throes of his terrible twos even though he's now three. But he's also growing so fast. Yesterday we were playing "teacher says" to practice listening to his Sunbeam teacher, and I said, "teacher says stand on one foot and hop," just to see if he knew how. Well, he stood on one foot and paused for a moment figuring it out in his head, then he hopped and suddenly this enormous smile spread across his face when he realized he'd done it. It was the most exciting thing I've seen in a while! He was so proud of himself and I was so proud of him, too.
Makes me wonder why I always try to hurry the days along. The other day I did the math and figured out that if we're done having children in 7 years, and if our last child moves out right after he/she turns 18, that means in roughly 25 years I can clean my house and have it stay that way. But how sad will it be to have a clean house that's also empty?
I guess this year I resolve to live in the moment and be satisfied with what I have. Too often I start dreaming up what our future house will look like and the big old kitchen I'll have, but I don't really think about how good we actually have it here, now. I've written posts before that have garnered responses of how other people lived out their poorest years, and that has been so beneficial to me. It has made me think twice about complaining about the material possessions we do or don't have. We have what we need - even more - and I should be nothing but grateful for that.
And though I have resolved to do yoga three times a week, I also resolved not to worry about what I look like as much. Along the same lines, I've resolved to be particular about the compliments I give other people. I've noticed when people mention my figure my mind goes directly toward the parts of my body I feel contradict that statement. Oh, if only you knew how much I've gained, or how soft my tummy is, or how stubborn my lovehandles are. All compliments are appreciated, of course, but this particular kind of compliment always seems to turn negative within my head. And I'd imagine it is similar with a lot of other people.
I received probably the best compliment ever about two weeks ago. I was at the salon getting my hair cut and the lady next to me asked how old I was, and when I told her she said, "I thought you were sixteen! You look so young and happy - you look like you in love!" And of course I blushed, hard. But it was the kind of compliment that made me think, "hey, yeah... I AM happy, and I AM in love!" and I couldn't rid myself of the smile it gave me. I want to give compliments like that.
I've also resolved to drink more water, but that doesn't come with a funny story or any thoughtful insight, so I suppose I'll just leave you with this:
a picture of Millie after stealing Jonah's doughnut.




No comments:
Post a Comment