1.3.16

The Things I Don't Get

I'm sorry, I just can't get behind the "Free the Tampons" movement. Sure, at first glance it seems unfair that a product used only by women would mean the tax was paid only by women - but ladies, if we all got away with having the taxes removed for something specific to one group, we might as well not have any sales tax on anything at all. Guys pay taxes on their jock straps, the elderly pay taxes on their denture cleaners and disposable underwear, those with allergies pay taxes on their Claritin, and gingers pay taxes on sunblock. It's really not that unfair to pay taxes on tampons. If you're that upset about paying a few cents extra every month then why not try a Diva Cup? 

Another thing I can't get behind is Trump. It boggles my mind how many hundreds of people I know personally who do not support him and vehemently oppose him, yet this thing with the hair is still leading? I don't claim to know anything about politics, but I do consider myself a decent judge of character and this guy is NOT a good person! He's awful! He's... well, he's a reality TV star - and that says more about him than any of his most recent political views. I only know one person who seemed to like him back in the beginning, but I can't fathom them actually voting for him when it comes down to the line. Maybe, but probably not. Possibly? But please no. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...