30.5.17

I Have No Idea What I'm Doing



 So, I think I'm going to go back to college. I've been thinking about going back for a few years now, to get my masters in secondary education or to do the fast-track to teaching thing so I can teach high school English. That was my dream for a while anyway, and then it switched to getting a masters in Psy-Ed to become a high school guidance counselor, which sounded amazing. All the perks of being a school teacher, the same hours, the same summer break, but no papers to grade and a more flexible schedule - doesn't it sound totally BOSS?

So I've been thinking about these things and trying to plan my next five years. Have another baby, start studying for the GRE, apply for school once our last kid was nearing kindergarten age, go to school while he/she is in kindergarten, and get my career on track once all my kids were in school for the full day. Listen, it was a great plan, it would just take a while.

And then, suddenly, another plan emergeth. A plan from - what can only be - on high. I'm starting school this coming fall semester. I'll be attending the College of Southern Idaho... as an adjunct instructor, teaching English 101 and 100.



I'm very nervous. Who do I think I am? What gives me the right? Where do I get off? All these are little mumblings of satan in my ears, I know this. But I figured if I finally got it out there it would make it seem that much more real. Even though I have NO intention of telling anyone about this blog post, haha.

Here's one thing this opportunity has inspired me to do though - write more. I've had an idea I've been sitting on for a long time, maybe it's finally time to bring it to fruition. This also makes me nervous, but if there's one thing I've learned in my nearly 27 years of life, it's that if it doesn't make you nervous, it's not worth that much to you.

Does that sound right? No one quote me on that.

1 comment:

Robby Spratt said...

Exciting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...