6.6.17

Just Jump Jess!

I've always been cautious. Probably overly cautious. Enough so that I've probably made myself miss out on many amazing things in my life. Lately I've had the thought that I'm back to my 10 yr old self, standing at the edge of the pool, looking at everyone swimming and having fun but not wanting to get too cold or too wet or whatever other excuse I could come up with. It's not that I don't know how to swim, I do. I don't exactly know what's holding me back, but I'm watching everyone else and I know I'd have the time of my life if I jumped in but I just can't get myself to. Why? It's one of the more confusing parts about my persona. I'm always sitting on the edge. Always dipping my toes in - sometimes I sit down and submerge my feet - but it takes forever for me to commit. 

There are three things I want to do, three things that have been on my mind almost constantly since the ideas popped into my head. I know I want to. I know there's nothing to lose. I know I can do it if I just commit to the idea and give myself a chance. Just JUMP already, Jess!

Anyway, I suppose you can call that a teaser - providing that I go through with it. Dang it I'm going to try! I want to try. Maybe nothing will come of it, but then again, maybe so much more will come from it than I can even imagine! I'm a dreamer and a schemer at heart, but have never fully committed to the role. This year, I'm giving myself a birthday present. 27 year old me will stand next to 10 year old me, look out into the water, and push her into the water. And jump in after her. 

Also I'm going to work on my metaphors. *laughing emoticon*

Wrapping up the blog post! It's an art form!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...