Yesterday Kade and I had many opportunities to play "house".
Turns out he's real good at it and I'm not so good.
On Sunday, we were in charge of making dessert and watching my three littlest brothers while my other siblings and parents were at a youth fireside in Brigham. I took charge of cleaning the house, while Kade took charge of making a delicious homemade chocolate cake with exquisite homemade chocolate icing. (It turned out sooo good)
So, I was doing laundry and vacuuming and all sorts of wifey things, and I tried telling Porter, Heber and Eli to go to their room and clean it. They decided to just turn it into a game of who could hide from me the longest before I noticed they weren't doing what I asked. Eventually, I became frustrated, because their room was a big fat pig's sty and I really didnt have time to be in there to supervise their cleaning. So I was out of options, I had tried asking them to pick up so many things before they could come out, I tried smiling and laughing, I tried guilt-tripping them... Nothing seemed to be working. Then Kade jumped in--bless his heart--he used the same tactic I had but with a twist. He told them to pick up ten things, and then he would carry them around like a "sack of potatoes". This worked like a charm, and got Kade nice and sweaty for the rest of the night--but the boys' room was CLEAN!
What a champ he is. What a lucky wife-to-be am I!
However glad I am that Kade will be a good dad, I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't come through, seeing as how I've had six younger siblings and Kade is the baby of two.
Sigh...
I guess some got it, and some ain't!
Turns out he's real good at it and I'm not so good.
On Sunday, we were in charge of making dessert and watching my three littlest brothers while my other siblings and parents were at a youth fireside in Brigham. I took charge of cleaning the house, while Kade took charge of making a delicious homemade chocolate cake with exquisite homemade chocolate icing. (It turned out sooo good)
So, I was doing laundry and vacuuming and all sorts of wifey things, and I tried telling Porter, Heber and Eli to go to their room and clean it. They decided to just turn it into a game of who could hide from me the longest before I noticed they weren't doing what I asked. Eventually, I became frustrated, because their room was a big fat pig's sty and I really didnt have time to be in there to supervise their cleaning. So I was out of options, I had tried asking them to pick up so many things before they could come out, I tried smiling and laughing, I tried guilt-tripping them... Nothing seemed to be working. Then Kade jumped in--bless his heart--he used the same tactic I had but with a twist. He told them to pick up ten things, and then he would carry them around like a "sack of potatoes". This worked like a charm, and got Kade nice and sweaty for the rest of the night--but the boys' room was CLEAN!
What a champ he is. What a lucky wife-to-be am I!
However glad I am that Kade will be a good dad, I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't come through, seeing as how I've had six younger siblings and Kade is the baby of two.
Sigh...
I guess some got it, and some ain't!
1 comment:
Don't got it? Get it!!! I like your blog Jess.
Post a Comment