When spring has sprung in cold Cache Valley, and Daylight Savings changes the winter droll to the summer dazzle, when there are no more excuses of It's too cold outside come time to clean out your car,
This is the time living here seems worth it.

It's also the time that (if you happen to me married, or mature) you discover excitement for things you always thought you hated.
Instead of a new spring outfit, or cute new springy shoes, or a new trendy swimsuit, or a few minutes of tanning, or sunglasses, or spring colors of nail polish...
I was so excited to buy these:
This is the time living here seems worth it.

It's also the time that (if you happen to me married, or mature) you discover excitement for things you always thought you hated.
Instead of a new spring outfit, or cute new springy shoes, or a new trendy swimsuit, or a few minutes of tanning, or sunglasses, or spring colors of nail polish...
I was so excited to buy these:
Flowers! Hanging baskets! Vegetable seeds! Miracle Grow!
And why?
Because the sun was shining brighter than it ever had! (Or so it seemed) The rich, glorious, succulent life-giving sun would nourish and strengthen my plants, who I would raise up from babies, and who I would be so proud to call mine.
And as much as I resented my parents for making me work in the garden every summer of my able life, this stuck with me.
Aside from gardening, there are many other things you can do with all this fresh warmth and sunshine.
You can plan a trip to Cancun with your husband! Whose competitive internship will send both of you there...all expenses paid... if you collect so much money in revenue.
You can break out your perky yellow spring bonnet, and your old roommate's perky yellow umbrella.
At last but not least, you can peel off 5 of the 7 layers on your bed.
It's summah time babe!
Unfortunately, Kade and I don't have any pictures of us in the springtime. But keep a lookout for images of us playing fun-filled games of frisbee, kite-flying, picnicking, feeding the ducks, etc...
Happy Spring!
1 comment:
I love your cute goal poster...hope you guys make it. Such a creative girl :) love you!
Post a Comment