9.10.10

Back to the Drawing Board!



So, Kade and I were at Wingers, eating dinner.



(A while ago, I had generated what I thought was a decent idea for a restaurant chain. It was going to be called Proportions, and it would assist in lowering the obesity rate in our country. Yeah, I'm a genius, I know.)



I ate one out of my four huge sticky fingers, and my little bowl of green beans, and could not eat another bite.

I told Kade:

"See? This is why we need to start Proportions. There is simply way more food than a person needs at most restaurants."


"You think people would pay much money to get standard sized portions?"

(Cause really folks, they are pretty tiny.)

So I replied,


"Okay, fine. How about this--we'll charge them the same amount, but give them half on their plate and half already in a to-go box."


As if this were a terrible idea, he laughs to himself and looks at me like I were nuts, and says


"What if people want to eat a bigger portion then, instead of having a to-go box?"


Obviously I had put a lot of thought into this--


"Then they can ask for more. Hey, actually we should change the name to 'Care for Seconds?' then when we see people have finished their portions, we can go up and ask them, 'Care for seconds?'"


To which he replied:








"You're d*** right I care for seconds! I'm already paying for them!"




I busted up laughing and he busted up laughing and really, who didn't think a restaurant called 'Proportions' or 'Care for Seconds?' was a lame idea anyway?
He convinced me that a chain (or even an individual store) like that wouldn't stand a chance. Apparently, people like having their choices. He mentioned something about Satan as the only person who would run a restaurant like that--taking away everyone's free agency and all. Too bad.



Well, I guess now I'll have time to work on that pogo-stick handlebar basket idea...

2 comments:

Spratt said...

Or you could just have a restaurant where you only have to pay for what you actually eat.
There are lots of frozen yogurt places around where you fill your cup as much as you want, put as much toppings on as you want, and then you pay by weight.
I think a Proportions restaurant could work.

McKenna said...

I just have to say, you crack me up jess :) I miss hanging out with you guys! Life is boring when all you do is homework and work...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...