16.11.10

This is NOT a Pregnancy Post


But don't you wish it were? 




I've given it a lot of thought, and I've decided its best if I just be frank with you all from this point on.


We're not expecting.
But when we are, we'll call you and tell you.


However, it has been on my mind quite frequently as of late--as Kade and I approach our one-year-anniversary (which is generally the conception point for most Utahns); also as many friends and acquaintances have just given birth or announced their new pregnancy.

It's strange, I tell ya.

The more I think about it the more I consider the possibility of our own future children (well, probability anyway), and then I think wow, are we old enough for that?


are we ready for that?


will we be able to provide for it?


will the stress just eat at our marriage?


But then I always have to remind myself to quit sweating it so much. I have to remind myself of all the other times in my life where I've been nervous about something and just left it up to the Lord to take care of it, and I have to remind myself that He always does.


Seriously. This is true doctrine.

I'm sure I got this ideology from my mother, who I most often associate with memories of learning to think positively and trust that things will work out... if you're doing what you should.


Applicable (recent) story: One day a friend announced that he and his wife were expecting their first baby. I quickly ran through the facts in my head and determined (in a most regretfully ignorant way) that there was no way he and his wife could have planned their pregnancy. However, when I asked, he said it was absolutely intentional.

But how???
I asked, nearly pleading.

He said his wife felt like it was the right time, and that he knew that Heavenly Father would take care of things for them. He smiled as he shrugged his shoulders.
He saw that I was stumped, and he began to share all the little things that the Lord had already taken care of for them since they found out-- a cheaper, two-bedroom apartment suddenly became available for them, his wife was able to jump on her mother's pretty good health insurance--they will have to take her regardless of pre-existing conditions, and I'm sure numberless other blessings!

This all made so much sense to me.

and...

I think we're doing what we should.
Yeah,
we're doing what we should...

so why am I so nervous?


and when I think that, I think of what my cousin once said to me,

"You're never ready. You just have to do it and everything will work out."

I know God will take care of us. We're not in it alone. We didn't come to earth to experience (scary) new things and go through trials all by ourselves...

if anything, this life is for us to learn not only how to do hard things,
but who to rely on while we do them.

So, I guess I can take comfort in the fact that I've got a loving Heavenly Father, tons of super supportive family members, and an incredible, reliable, helpful, happy, handsome husband.


Plus, who wouldn't want one of these little guys running around your living room?


(I'm kinda excited to have my own little mini kade)


4 comments:

TheMoonlightLady said...

You got it right, girl. He COMPLETELY will provide for you if you put ALL your faith in him.

Let me just say, I am glad you guys gave yourself at least a year to spend time together instead of having a baby right off the bat because there is NOTHING wrong with that! Your relationship is going to be the foundation for your family, so I love that you guys took time for your marriage. :D I am SO glad that I did! That year we had together is so precious to me. We became even better best friends.

My only goal was to finish school before having a baby, and I am SOOOO glad I did. Babies demand all your time, so it's a serious strain on education.

You have it right, though. Pray about it. Go to the temple. Listen to what the Lord has to say. It might be, "Do it now!" or "Eh, it doesn't really matter when you do it at this time. Now is good and later is good, too." That is the answer we got for Violet.

<3 ya Jess.

Anonymous said...

Jess....I'm totally excited to become a grandpa...so don't hold back on my account! I can 'accept the coming of age with grace and dignity' ok? Bye Woogins!

Dad

ps...if it's a mini Jess...well that's pretty good too!

Anonymous said...

...sounds like you have a really awesome cousin!

Kristy said...

Hey, I'm not sure I've ever left a comment on your blog.... but I read it so I figured it's time to comment :) I love your writing style ps. You are very good at it! But wow well said! I do the same thing when anyone my age announces they are having a baby. haha It is sad but true. The first quesion is "was it planned?". I have zero words of wisdom to add to what you already said but I'm with you... babies are cute and all but man do they scare me :) Hope you two are surviving school! Thanks for the updates!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...