1.12.10

Hello Again,

Hi.

There is no internet (yet) at our new place, cross your fingers for Saturday.
However, I thought I owed it to my most faithful of readers to share a few discoveries I have made about our cute new home:

*  Once, when I was sitting in class with my head on my hands and drool running down my arm, listening to the bumble of Emily Dickinson's latest poetry venture, a curious sensation overwhelmed me--
I wanted to go home. 
I wanted to go home to our new apartment. 
I was homesick for the place I had lived in for a meager two days!


This never happened when we lived in Providence. Too cold. Too dusty. Too cracky. Too far away from our family.

*  We have seen some kind of family member every night since living here. It's nice. One minute away from my dad, two minutes away from Kade's sister & fam, five minutes away from my mom and sibs, and ten minutes away from Kade's parents. Its been so fun, but a little strange feeling--insomuch that I asked my dad if he was getting sick of seeing me! (luckily he isn't) But yeah, family togetherness is a plus.

*  We can WALK to Smiths. Walk! Can you imagine walking to get your groceries, and not losing your breath ever? Also the Post Office, Kade's future workplace, and a candy shoppe!

*  The water temperature is pretty testy. Not a problem in Providence, one flush of the potty and its like a raging river of boiling water bubbling your pink skin.

*   We share a washer/dryer. At first this wasn't a problem, but it seemed as soon as we ran out of all our fresh clothes 35 new tenants moved in and the laundry is running constantly. Poor stinky Kade & Jess. Good thing there's so much family close by...

*  The ballet studio on the floor below us dismisses classes for the day at 9:00 pm. Until then, we've learned to be okay with the same shouts of "plie!" and piano playing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

And I think that's it for now. :)

Once we get internet, a futon, and some pictures hanging up you'll be pleased to see pics of the finished product, no?

1 comment:

Zane and Cami said...

I'm in love with your place that you have! Character everywhere you turn. Lucky. I'm very excited to see what you have done to the place:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...