18.5.11

Unmotivated


Do you love our new headboard? 
Have I introduced you to this quilt?! My grandma made it for us! Isn't she awesome?



There once was a time when I used to think to myself,

If only I had just ONE day off from everything, I could get SO much done.


Not the case, my friends.


Embarrassingly enough, I am currently jobless (Maybe you would like to pity me by offering me employment?), and I can tell you--when there is no need for you to rush things, soon enough you find yourself sitting on the couch watching your thirteenth episode of Community trying to remember what all you had tasked yourself with that day.

Homework? Eh. I can do it tomorrow. Plenty of time.

Dishes? Ugh. I swear I just did them.

Clean the bathroom? Well, I suppose I could do that... but...

Read a book? For heaven's sake.

Visit my mom? I'm sure she's sick of me by now!

De-junk? A good idea, but if I do that today, then I won't have anything to do tomorrow so...

Take out the garbage?

Clean the dang fish bowl?

Figure out what Amazon has done with my textbooks?

Watch another episode and take a nap?



You know, in my defense, this week I have knocked out 4 of those 9 and multiple times. The dirty dishes are reproducing--every time I wash a round there are three more close behind me. It's getting out of hand.

Every day of this I think Man, how do women do this? Stay home all their lives?


Then I realize, Oh, duh, they have children they are chasing 24/7.


Then I think, Well WHY NOW? Why must I be unemployed for the seven months previous to having a child?


Then I throw my hands in the air, with a loud exasperated sigh, and turn off the TV so I can do something, anything, with my life.

Optimistic, though, that this is only temporary--and very much thankful that Kade has a great job.

So, I suppose it would be good of you to wish me luck with my job search--
But mostly wish me to be extra-productive until I find one!




The post-script: If anyone knows of any secretarial type jobs that I could "intern" for (yes, that's without pay) for a couple days a week, please let me know. With how much some receptionists earn, and with the sometimes present benefits packages, I have to have experience in the field. Why clerical? I also have to be picky nowadays, I've got Kade's med school to pay for!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...