15.6.12

It's Metaphorical, Really...

After I had Jonah and the bleeding had somewhat subsided I promised myself I wouldn't be a sweatpants and ponytail kind of stay-at-home mom. I would rise to the bar set by cyber-moms everywhere!
But what those cutesy, new-mom fashion bloggers don't tell you is how much more flexible child-chasing is in sweatpants. How relieving it feels to know your hair is well out of reach of those chubby little yanking fists. The peace of mind that comes from clothes that give breastfeeding moms easy access as well as enforcing obedience (keepin' 'em in yo' shirt). The stark reality that is post-natal hair loss, and loss, and loss, and loss... and what options are out there for you.

It's just unfair how seemingly seamless their lives are.
And for as long and as hard as I tried, I just couldn't do it. I can't have my sunshine-yellow Magnolia cupcake and eat it too. (But I can have peanut butter crunch on the couch in Kade's gym shorts while Jonah plays on the floor.)

FYI--this is not me dissing the cutesy moms at all, this is me putting an end to my tendencies to feel less by comparison. No more comparison!

So, I've decided that I need a place where I can keep it real. Somewhere I can flaunt the waist-cinching, bum-elongating, unfashionable (but cheap and way too plentiful) experiences that are the reasons we put on our mom jeans day after day.

They're funny, they're unflattering, they can't be comfortable, but they let you get things done and will assuredly keep dry during flood season.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...