I do a whole heck of a lot of waiting.
For example, today I've waited three hours for the a/c repairman to come.
I'm currently waiting for Kade to come home for lunch.
I just finished waiting for Jonah to fall asleep.
It's unreal how much waiting around a person can do without even realizing it. (also, is it realizing or realising? because I've seen the latter pretty often lately, and it is messing with my brain)
I would say it started with pregnancy, but the truth is, I've been waiting my whole life. BUT, it has become more apparent since pregnancy. Waiting for the baby, waiting for delivery, waiting to go home, waiting to go out with a new baby, etc...
And all those are relatively easy to wait for, because you know what you're waiting for will eventually come. But you know the thing I hate waiting for, but am constantly finding myself waiting for it?
On the drive home, when we're all confined in one tiny little space for an undetermined amount of time...
waiting and waiting and waiting for Jonah to finally scream himself to sleep.
BUT HE NEVER DOES!
Gosh, that kid has stamina! And I'm sorry that this is a recurring topic, but it honestly just blows. me. away.
How does he do it?
I'll tell you what though--it's a good thing he's got so many adorable rolls and two chubby cheeks to kiss, because those make these awful waiting games a little more worth it!
But something tells me that I would like to do less waiting, and more living. Maybe I could take up a new hobby, or even fine-tune my current hobbies? I don't know... but somehow I must get my mind off of this unforgiving heat.
And on that thought, this:
Carpe Diem!
No comments:
Post a Comment