Can you believe this kid? Actually... can you believe his father, aunt and uncles? I am out of the room for two minutes and when I come back they've got my baby dressed up like a smokin' campus hipster. I'm actually surprised he wasn't wearing cut-offs.
But, I have to admit, it is kind of funny. Let's just hope we don't have a repeat of this scenario eighteen years down the road.
Jonah! Promise me!
Anyway, so here are some quirky things about this fat boy that I've been meaning to preserve forever:
- He loves forts. True boy. All we have to do is throw a blanket over his and our heads and he's giggling like a madman.
- Have I mentioned how mesmerized he is with brushing teeth? He'll just sit and stare. Sometimes he thinks it's pretty funny.
- He's suddenly a little baby steamroller! This is what I found the other day when I was in the next room getting ready and heard his grunting morph into cries for help.
- He's soooo close to crawling--but when he gets up on his hands and knees, it freaks him out and he looks up with a super concerned expression. Then he cries for someone to save him. If only he knew...
- Strangers keep mistaking him for a girl. Despite the manly attire I dress him in... Peeps, don't ya know girls usually have bows or headbands? That hair--a blessing and a curse.
- He still doesn't care for baby food. But he's all for eating whatever mom and dad are eating. Which in some cases is fine, like watermelon or reasonably cooled soup. But most of the time he would be better off eating his pureed chicken and gravy. (blegh)
- Because his thighs are so thunderous, his pant size is 12month while his shirt size lags behind at 6-9. Those legs are endearing, but would be even more so if more outfits included larger sized trousers.
- He still loves going for walks. He also loves sitting in the grass, as well as eating the grass. I try to stop him, but last week I found some in his diaper so I guess I need to do a better job!
And there's your update. It's unreal--he will be SEVEN MONTHS OLD in a few days. Doesn't that sound old? Like, should be sleeping through the night old?
No comments:
Post a Comment