Jonah broke my sunglasses--but I bought new ones. All hipsterly and hot like the glasses I had in first grade. (bet all the kids that teased me were nervous to see that fashion trend resurrected) I had four hundred dollars sucked off my card for a new crown, but I really didn't mind so much (read: "very pretty teeth"). I dropped my high maintenance tweenager of a car (Betty) off at the shop. Later they told me she was simply too exhausted to lift the engine off the frame anymore and it would cost a few hundred to replace the motor mounts and get her to stop whining when I accelerate. But somehow it didn't phase me--I loaded my squishy baby into the car, squeezed the steering wheel lovingly, and danced to Chris Brown's "Forever" all the way home.
Sorry, not home. All the way to the Sprint store.
The Sprint store.
That's a phone store.
I even smiled as I opened my wallet yet again, because this time, it was for so great a cause:
This old scratched up hunk o' junk
became this:
And then I realized why all the problems I'd run into didn't seem to bother me; their bitter could not conceal the sweet. I realized why, all day, the sun shined so brightly, the breeze blew so gaily, my hair curled so obediently--
my smartphone was coming to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment