If you could only imagine my frustration! In this post I poured my heart out (well...) about how much I was thankful for my husband and child and then, POW, gone.
UUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH is the only word that does it justice.
So here is my attempt at recollecting my thoughts and re-publishing my thanksgiving post. I really hope its as good as it was, because I was pretty pleased with the other one. Before it vanished. (ugh)
For instance, despite all my whining and complaining I actually really love that Kade is a sports guy. The more I think of it, the more proud I am. I know that his knowledge of sports will get him through many doors in the future, and don't you get jealous that (most) guys will always have something in common, even if they have never even seen each other before? It's awesome that Kade has the natural ability to get along with anyone he runs into, and this is just an added bonus. His knowledge about any and all sports will definitely be a boon to his future success. So yes, I'm grateful. Keep watching those football games, honey!
I'm also grateful that Kade knows his way around a gun. He told me it had been roughly five years since he had shot a gun before this Thanksgiving, and when shooting pumpkins on the knoll he was a crack shot. Nothing rusting over here. Even though guns make me super nervous, I am pro being able to protect your family and your belongings, and someday we will own a gun. I'm just super thankful I will never have to worry about my family's well-being in case of break-in, because that guy gon' dun be dead.
Obviously, I'm thankful for this little turkey. But I'm oddly thankful that he's already such a sports freak, too. Gosh, that kid and any kind of ball. The other day he was smacking around a ball on the ground with an empty wrapping paper tube. As in, primitive golfing! And no one ever showed him that! He's a genius. He's going to be a MLB/NFL/NBA/Pro-Golf superstar. Which means I'll have to sit through countless games, but I have a feeling it will be different when I actually have someone on the team I'm invested in.
Also, he is the best little boy. Sure, there are times when he screams and screams, but it's usually only after he's been patient forever. Sometimes I just lost track of time when he's being so good, and I forget about naps. So, sorry tiny dude, I'll try to be better. It's the least I can do after you've been so patient with me every day.
I noticed a few other things that I was weirdly thankful for, but those I think I'll keep to myself for now. I'm super thankful for my little family. I'm grateful that in a few months we'll be able to set sail on an exciting adventure for at least a few years, just the three of us. Maybe somewhere in the middle there will even be four of us.* It will be tough to be all alone--we've been so used to having family only 30 minutes away--but I have a feeling it will be a wonderful growing-together kind of experience.
So here's to this Thanksgiving, and here's to giving thanks to future blessings!
*NOT NOT NOT an announcement. Not.

No comments:
Post a Comment