20.12.12

Still Here

I'm not sure in which direction I'd like to take this old blog of mine. I think until we leave for PT school it will stay essentially dormant, with the exception of a few posts about Jonah. At least when we leave it will be to a new place, so there will be an excess amount of exciting and new things to talk about--you know, dumpy apartments, weird neighbors and superdebt--

well, maybe it won't be that different after all. Except the superdebt.

No, but really, I just don't feel like there's a whole lot to report on here. See, I majored in Creative Writing, and if I'm going to deprive myself of worthwhile jobs like that, I like to at least have my blog be somewhat interesting to people.

I just don't know how many people would be that interested in my putting shoes on Jonah at least four separate times before we leave the house. Or how inconvenient it is that our dishwasher is across the kitchen from our sink. Probably nobody. But maybe I'm wrong?

I thought about posting my opinion on the whole "pants to church" thing, but I didn't even go to church that day on account of our anniversary weekend. I also feel like every viewpoint has been completely exhausted and nobody really cares anymore because heck, nobody really cared in the first place.

I thought about posting my feelings on the CT shooting but, gosh, I wouldn't know where to begin. I'm not even sure if I know what my feelings are besides... terrible.

What makes a good blog good, is the author's willingness to pour his/her soul onto their page. And usually in order to make that interesting the author needs to have had a hard life, or be crazy devoted to a cause. These causes can range anywhere from love of cooking to hatred of sexism in the workplace.

I don't have any kind of niche. And I guess maybe that's what this old blog needs.

I'll figure it out. But until then, like I mentioned earlier, please enjoy sporadic posts about my baby boy's milestones.




(thinking about an extended birthday post, stay tuned)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...