3.2.14

We've Done It!



(some Jonah selfies)


Last week Kade and I officially became parents. No, no - the birth of a child does not necessarily make one a parent. Going through a week of your kid having the stomach flu makes you a parent.

Early last week Jonah wasn't feeling good, so he asked me to hold him while we laid on the couch and watched Daniel Tiger. Mid-episode he sits up and says, "Mama, tummy hurt" and no sooner had the words come out of his mouth than the waterfall of vomit followed. I was drenched in stomach acid and partially broken down cheezits. Oh, it was the grossest thing that's happened to me yet! So I rushed Jonah upstairs and ran him a bath and got him all cleaned up and in some toasty PJ's while Kade scrubbed puke out of the couch and carpet. Then I went and had myself a nice long hot soapy shower.

This happened a couple more times - not the exact same scenario, just the waterfall of barf. Who knew this kid's stomach was so huge? Considering how little he ever eats... But each time I cleaned up the boy's outsides while Kade's cleaned up what used to be on his insides and we were a great team.

And now Kade is worried that because he was the puke cleaner the first time around, he'll just always be the puke cleaner forever and always. Which isn't true - I can handle barf as well as the best of them. It's just that he's been in the cadaver lab all month and I assumed the sight and smell weren't gon' be no thang to him. Which, let's face it - it wasn't, or it shouldn've have been anyway - he has told me quite a medley of disgusting cadaver stories lately and boy... I'd put them in a blog post but I'm not sure anyone would appreciate it like I do he does.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...