It's coming up on a year now of using that temporary table, and since July I've been scouring craigslist for a replacement. But woe is me, for everything I find has fallen through in one way or another. Right at this very moment I'm waiting for a reply on a table, and there's nothing else I can possibly do but sit here and stew about how long they're taking to get back to me and how MISERABLE it's making me! Uuugghh.
Anyway, there have been a handful of tables that I would have loved, but it's almost as if there's someone else scouring craigslist for tables, like I am, only they must refresh the page every ten minutes instead of thirty, like I do. Curse them! Curse them, curse them. I need a table, yesterday!
So, because I can hardly think about anything but tables, I'm sitting here blogging about tables. Much to the chagrin of my mother-in-law, probably. Because this post has nothing to do with Jonah or Millie - unless you count the fact that they eat at a table, and will probably eat a lot of their future meals on this table that I have yet to secure!
Ugh people on Craigslist can drive me the worst kind of crazy. If your table is no longer available, just SAY SO. Don't just not respond. And if you're the kind of person that does that, well, curse you too. Stop it. There's still time to change. If you're selling something online and someone inquires about it - if it's gone, all it takes is two words: ITS. GONE.
You don't even have to apologize to them. Just let them know they can stop obsessing over whether or not they have room in the back of their car to take your table home.
So... there's that. I'll just continue binge-eating anything that doesn't require cooking or prep-work while I pace the living room waiting for my phone to ring.
No comments:
Post a Comment