16.2.16

Le Bebe

Last night I was looking through some old family photos when I came across this gem:


This is my mom, about 29 weeks pregnant with her third child. THIRD CHILD. Three quarters through her third pregnancy. Isn't that insane? You can practically see her arm bones through her skin. I bet each pregnancy bumped her BMI up from nothing to almost normal.

Anyway, seeing this picture made me realize how little I've documented about baby Bill. Bill is the place-holder name for our unborn child, until we figure out what his real name will be. Kade came up with it (and against my wishes it has stuck).


Excuse the selfie, but here's me, about 31.5 weeks along with my third child. As you can see, ample room for a growing fetus, plenty of spare tire in case of an unexpected growth spurt, and not only are there bones in my arm, there are some little muscles and the beginnings of a relief society underarm!

Little Bill used to demand potatoes in any way, shape or form. But lately that's tapered off. I can eat anything I want - except dairy. Just like his big sister, Bill has decided I'm to be lactose intolerant for the foreseeable future. I bought a bunch of those Lactaid capsules but they do barely anything, so it's almond milk and ice creamless movie nights for this pregnant lady.

I've been sleeping on our sectional downstairs for the past week or so, because my hips scream out in agony when I try sleeping on our bed. It's awful. But I'm also not super fond of sleeping on the couch because, while more comfortable, there are some crazy loud sounds that go on down there. All night long! I think it's because while I'm down there, I'm five feet and a drafty sliding glass door away from two HVAC systems (ours and our neighbors) and they take turns whirring off and on all night.

We own a 4 inch memory foam mattress topper, but even that hasn't been able to cut it. I'm so heavy these days that I sink all the way down and my hips rest on our rock hard mattress anyway. Also, Kade likes to breathe when he sleeps - and I don't begrudge him his life-preserving oxygen - but it gets loud sometimes and sometimes it's in my general direction and I can feel it on my face. So if we sleep on the same bed, it's usually no sleep for anyone because I'm constantly tossing from side to side and Kade gets nudged in the arm every five minutes until he hits his REM cycle (it's weird, he only breathes loud while he's getting there. Once he's sleeping deeply he's super quiet). So I came up with this brilliant solution:


I cut our 4 inch memory foam right down the middle, stacked the pieces, and threw a twin sheet over them. Tonight, I will be sleeping on 8 inches of memory foam, my face will be much farther away from Kade's, and if we have any more sleeping problems I'll be danged - because what more could we possibly do aside from moving to a bigger apartment and sleeping in separate rooms? I'll let you know how it goes. 

Bill is pretty active though, 35% of my sleeping problems are because he moves all night long. I try my best to ignore it, and I'm pretty good at it since I've done this twice before already, but he can get a little crazy. He's at the stage where he gets hiccups all the time - which I was looking forward to because it's so cute, but sometimes it's enough already. I'd tell him to drink some amniotic fluid and hang upside down if that wasn't how he lived every day of his life already. Yes - he's head down now. He was breech for a long time but finally he flipped, and now I don't have to stress-google C-section stories.

Just like my other pregnancies, I've had some crazy vivid dreams. After a night of discussing name possibilities, I dreamed that when I went into labor I actually had quadruplet boys instead of a singleton, and I threw my hands up in the air and said "We can't pick even one name, how are we going to pick FOUR?"

I had a dream my dad robbed a bank and got away with $15,700, and I was the only one who was mortified by it. The rest of my family was totally cool with it and kept trying to convince me to let him buy me stuff with it.

I dreamed an older couple in my current ward was trying to adopt a kid from my high school, and was trying to raise $34,000 for the fees. Yes, in the dream the kid was an adult,same as he is today. And my dreams have been kind of specific with the numbers, weird.

There was a night not long ago where I knew I had to get up and go to the bathroom but I kept fighting it because I was so tired, and then I dreamed I was at a party and some random 9 year old girl walked up to me and said, "You need to go to the bathroom. You really should just go." So I woke up thinking, "fine!" and finally went.

Anyway, that's as much as I can think of for now. But I'll try and remember to write down things about this pregnancy more often. It really is fun to look back on and read. So for now we've only got a couple months left until - woah, exactly two months today! Crazy. And we still haven't bought anything. But today I got serious about carseat comparisons so I think we're close to a baby stuff shopping spree. Yay!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...