18.10.11

All Moved In...

I'm so excited to post pictures of our new place! But unfortunately, it'll be kind of a while, because I have SO many projects I would still like to finish. For instance, there is still a bookshelf to stain, a desk to paint, a rug to braid, stools to buy, curtains to make to replace those hideous teal blinds, not one, but TWO chair cushions to re-cover, a changing table to spruce up, mirrors and pictures to hang...

holy cow.

Have I forgotten I will have a newborn in less than two months?

Speaking of which, we set up the crib on Thursday last week. It was kind of a struggle for awhile there, because they had cleverly hid the instructions deep within an envelope deep within a cardboard box deep within the whole package. For the first twenty minutes we figured we were on our own, but thank heavens we finally found those instructions because I have a testimony that we would NEVER have been able to put that thing up by our little monkey selves!


Isn't it lovely? And remember that quilt? I made that quilt! I also crocheted the yellow border around that little blue blanket, which my grandmother so graciously taught me how to do.
See, I'm a sort of accomplished person, I can get all those aforementioned projects done in time, right?

Including a tree skirt and homemade pom-pom ornaments?

Good grief, I need a few days off don't I?

So that's my excuse for falling behind on my blogging promise of once every other day. I've been busy moving across the mountains. And now I'll be busy trying to get everything done before baby Kadica comes, so if I fall behind again, don't hold it against me. Just keep checking back and hey, maybe you'll be surprised to find a bunch of pictures of the most adorable little newborn in the world--and then it'll all be worth it :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...