24.10.11

One Down, Several To Go

This past weekend I took my day off and spent six long but enjoyable hours watching Monk while painting this little beauty:



She's a perty little thing, ain't she? Just had a little too much tough lovin' in her lifetime. You should have seen how sad and tired she really was, like, up close. Cobwebs everywhere, someone spilled a whole bottle of red nail polish in one of the drawers, marker stains in the other drawers, the top was completely covered in some unidentifiable grime... she was gross. But just look at her poise, her secksy curves, and the way she is the perfect size I was looking for--

With a little paint, some shiny new hardware, and a little something to hide all those stains, she was looking good as new.



Can you believe I got this desk for
$5.00?
Ah! I'm so excited to finally have a place to put all our office-y type things!
And, she's going to look so great next to our bookshelf that my dad and I just stained--pics of that to come :)

1 comment:

Zane and Cami said...

5 bucks!? You go girl! That looks awesome. Love Up-cycling the old furniture.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...