Can you believe I didn't get a single picture of our first date night without the Jones?
I know, I know!
Well, I guess you could count this one:
I couldn't resist :) We stopped by my mom's house before we dropped Jonah off, and she had this in her room. Of course he hated me for it, but it was just too funny!
Anyway...
So for date night we planned the usual dinner and a movie thing, which only sounds exotic to those who have been eating thrown together minute dinners and watching their baby sleep and cry and poop for two months.
We dropped Jonah off at Nana and Papa's, who were so gracious to babysit despite having just finished babysitting their other three grandchildren all day. And though I was nervous about leaving him, I had completely stuffed the diaper bag full of any solution to every imaginable problem. Ten diapers, wipes, four extra outfits plus some pjs, lotion, baby soap, washcloth, towel, gas medicine, reflux medicine, three blankets, three binkies, etc, etc, etc... We were prepared for this.
We left him behind and drove to Idle Isle, where we enjoyed delicious dinners with the finest of the city's senior citizens, and I regretted choosing mashed over au gratin. But the Samon was de-lish. And get this--we only talked about Jonah for the first five minutes!
After dinner we walked over to the Capitol, where we saw that cute tiny little Tom play a super bad-A secret agent on Mission Impossible 4. You know, overall it was actually pretty good. It was entertaining, not cheesy and the action wasn't too over-the-top. And it wasn't until later that night that I realized there wasn't any sex in it! Only a single platonic kiss! The F-word was completely absent!
Now isn't that refreshing?
It was a good movie. But about halfway through something hit me suddenly--
I miss my baby!
So I tried to sit still and concentrate, but I squirmed in my seat through the second half and immediately after the credits were rolling I bounced up and Kade and I ran to our car. Then we nearly (but didn't) sped all the way back, where we found Jonah content and comfortable, and not really aware that we had been gone at all.
(On our way home we were wondering, or rather realizing--since babies have no recollection of the past, for all he knows, Kade's parents are his parents.)
But I think he knew it was us, and we were back to get him.
All in all, I think I would give date night a 10 out of 10. It was super nice to get out just the two of us, hanging out, talking uninterrupted, doing the things we always used to do. My one and only regret is, again, not getting any pictures of us. Grrr.
But hey, Friday nights are always going to be coming around! In fact, I think there's another one this week...
(hint, hint)

No comments:
Post a Comment