11.1.12

Goals 2012

I know I already posted some new years goals about two weeks ago... but just dismiss them. Here's where I get serious.

One thing I really, really, really want is to get me some mommy friends. This whole stay-at-home-mom thing is super great, it's incredible, but today I was thinking "man, I've been doing basically the exact same thing every day since December 6th." Which is, namely:


Feed baby.
Change diaper.
Take a shower.
Do laundry.
Check Facebook.
Do dishes.
Eat something, sometime.
Words with Friends.
Clean bedroom.
Feed baby.
Change diaper.
Watch something on Netflix while bouncing baby.
Think of something to make for dinner.
Fold laundry.
Feed baby.
Change diaper.
Etc, etc, etc...


Now, I mentioned above that this whole routine is great, I love it. I really do. But once in a while I'd like to shake it up with maybe... a walk around the block or running errands or heck, even a book club with a friend who also has a baby.
So that's goal number one.
(and I'll be really proud of myself if I get this accomplished)

Goal number two should be pretty easy in theory, it only requires me to remember to grab one extra thing any time I leave the house.
My camera.

Kade and I were looking at old blog posts from 2009 and 2010 and I took so many more pictures back then! It was actually really fun to look at all of them, and I hope to be able to look back on posts from 2012 and feel the same way. And not only do I want to take more pictures, I want to take more pictures of kade and I, and more pictures of our families. Even though I love Jonah, and it wouldn't be so terrible if this blog were completely dedicated to him, I have a feeling that down the road, all of us (including Jones) are going to wonder what we looked like when Jonah was a baby.
I mean, I love looking at pictures of me when I was a baby, but I especially love pictures that have my mom and/or dad in them. Its funny to see what they looked like, how ridiculously young and terribly skinny they were, how large my mom's hair and dad's glasses were... Someday I want our kids to look at pictures from now and make fun of my skinny pants and scarves and Kade's mountain man beard and flat-brimmed hats.

Goal 3 is related to goal 2. I want to get all the pictures we've taken and separate them into years and make a photo book for each year. (this idea is thanks to my mom, actually.) I thought about just turning my blog into books by years, but that's turning out to be a lot more difficult and time consuming than I thought. Just plain photo books would be much easier. (but then again, what about that whole "I didn't say it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it" and "reap what you sew" stuff? ugh... what to do.)

Goal 4 is related to goal 3 in the way that I used to write all kinds of funny stuff. The other night when we were looking through old blog posts we were laughing at a good chunk of them. I don't feel like I'm that funny anymore. I'm more serious, and boring, and religious-y. (which is NOT a bad thing, but I could afford to be more rounded.) So, I want to write about more funny things that happen to us. (which means a third post for today, yay!)

And Goal five is simply to be more productive. Over the past three days I've watched nearly the whole first two seasons of Parenthood. That is no small thing, those episodes are all FIFTY MINUTES LONG.  Don't even add up how much time I've been wasting. (but I just can't seem to stop! I'm all for sitcoms, but this show is actually pretty dang good.)

Goal six, as always, year after year, is to be better at all those religious-y things.
Will there ever be a year that I won't have to list that as a goal? (maybe that should be my goal)

That'll be it for now. Of course there are a million other changes I would like to make about myself and lifestyle, but that's about as much goal-setting as I can handle right now.

Good luck to you with your 2012 resolutions! They sure suck sometimes, don't they?
But we can do it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...