~ Last night Jonah was being so cute and fun. It was 11:00 and he was wide awake and kicking and talking and wanting to play. For a minute I wasn't watching him, and he started screaming. I looked back and he had grabbed onto his right pointer finger with his other hand and was trying to pull it away but was also grabbing it tighter and tighter. He had put himself in his own Chinese finger trap and was so mad that he couldn't figure out what was going on! Haha... I wish I would have gotten a picture of it!
~ He hates Tummy Time unless he's elevated and can see what's going on. He does ok on the couch and on the bed, but if you put him on the floor he gets pretty upset.
~ We finally had to put all his newborn clothes away. Sad, but also good--because he's growing! I get so excited when I see his chubby little thighs get fatter and fatter with each day.
And it's also good because he has a lot of 0-3 month clothes that are so cute, and he can finally fit into them.
~ He is still pretty high maintenance. Unless he's sleeping, at all times someone has to be holding him, talking to him, or looking at him. Otherwise he'll just cry until you do.
~ The first thing I bought when I found out I was going to have a winter baby was an adorable little racoon hat. I was sooooooo excited for him to wear it. Then I got even more excited when for my baby showers I got more cute little hats for him to wear!
Unfortunately, Jonah will. not. have. it.
He will not wear hats, at all, ever.
In fact, the other day I put him in this cute little jacket that had a hood on it. The hood wasn't on, but it was touching the back of his head and he cried until I took the jacket off. Ugh.
~ He's doing super good at nights lately (knock on wood), he sleeps in four to five hour stretches. His pediatrician says we need to have him sleeping through the night by two months--but I'm happy with the progress we've been making. (Side note: his pediatrician is super intimidating, and if he's not sleeping through the night by his next appointment (15 days) I might just lie and say he is... its all good, right?)
~ He learned his first trick! And now tummy time is over when he says tummy time is over.
~ He's just getting so stinking big. All he wants to do is stand up, go places, play with mom and dad, talk, splash in the bathtub, look around, be passed around to new people, etc... He's not even mobile yet and all he wants to do its GO.
Gosh, am I in for it in a couple years or what?
2 comments:
OH!!! What a cute face!!! I love him to bits already! He sounds kind of like my kids as newborns. Already rolling over and such! How old is he? He's a quick one (just like my babies! I just have to brag a little).
What a character! And I agree with doing things at your own pace. My doc always has her rules and expectations, but I take what she says, think about, do my own research, look at how my kid is doing, and then decide if what she says works for that kid.
It's good not to be too much of a sheep. Mama knows best. And in my experience, they start to sleep through the night at 2 months but then stop all the sudden. *Shrug* Every baby is different.
YOu are a great mom! What cute pictures!!
In what manual does it say that babies should sleep through the night by 2 months?? None of mine have done that...but once they DID start sleeping through the night...they slept for like 14 hrs. So don't worry...
Post a Comment