17.1.12

Even if You Pee on Me



Last night Kade and I went to our favorite store ever, where he scored some super fancy Nike basketball shoes (the ones he's been wanting!) for HALF PRICE and I scored some kick-A sexy red skinnies. Jonah scored a break from the bare blank walls of our apartment, woot!
When I got up this morning, I showered and put my face on and cut myself some new bangs. Then I put on a shirt and those cute red skinnies, and I felt like a whole new person. I felt cute, I felt attractive, I felt like those stretch marks never even happened! Like my split ends had fused back together! Like the coverup on my pimples was actually working! And I thought to myself, nothing in the world feels better than new clothes and hair.

After I was all primped and polished, I went into the bedroom to wake Jonah up. He was already stirring, so I leaned over his swing and said "Good morning!" He opened his eyes a little, and when he saw it was me he gave me a big smile. 
The first unprompted smile of his life! 
I kept talking to him and telling him how cute he was and he kept on smiling that little half-awake smile at me. It felt like he really recognized me--usually his smiles have been followed by a lot of passed gas--but this time it was like he was actually honestly truly smiling at me because he was happy to see me, his mommy! 
That smile was six hundred billion times better than new hair or new red jeans.

And even though a few hours later he was wailing for no apparent reason, and even though while I was trying to calm him down he peed all over my new red jeans, and even though that was the third outfit he'd gone through that day, the ninth this week alone (counting since Sunday), that little smile of recognition helped me to be patient through his screaming, and to just rinse out my jeans with a wet washcloth and let the blowdryer return them to like-new condition. 



Please, like I'm going to throw my brand new favorite pants in the wash and wear something old and raggedy over a little pee. 


^ and that, folks, is what motherhood is all about.


3 comments:

danielandjamietervort said...

Haha. You are such a good mom! Jones is so cute. I miss you more! I need to come visit soon!

Heather Bell said...

You're a true Mom Jess if you are good with just washing it off and wearing it still!!! Good job!! He is such a cutie!! A smile from a little man can always make the world seem great no matter how you feel!!!

Reena Rita said...

wow, how lucky that little Jonah to have a sweet,super mom-

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...